CONTACT US

Guinea coup– FIFA, CAF have postpone Guinea versus Morocco World Cup qualifier match~details below

SHARE

Following the escalating conflics in Guinea, the football governing body FIFA, CAF has postponed World Cup qualifier match between Guinea and Morocco that is suppose to take place today Monday.

The decision to postpone the game was implemented due to the Guinea coup d’etat that occured on Sunday 5 September at the West African country and the detention of President Alpha Conde.

CAF in a statement on Sunday said that “The current political and insecurity situation in Guinea is quite volatile and is being clisely monitored by FIFA and CAF.”

The statement further noted that, “To ensure the safety and security of all players and to protect all match officials, FIFA and CAF have decided to postpone the FIFA World Cup 2022 qualifying match Guinea versus Morocco.”

It further explained that the match had “been scheduled to be hosted in Conakry, Guinea on Monday.”

In addition, the information about rescheduling the match would be made available at a later date.

Guinea coup plotters have on Sunday said they have taken full control of the government and had suspended the country’s constitution and ordered the citizens to halt all activities in the country until a new directives will be issued out to them.

Mean while in a video recorded in the capital Conakry, where Colonel Mamady Doumbouya of the Guinea military stated that the National Assembly had been dissolved.

However a viral video on social media was also showed the arrested president Alpha Conde held by soldiers as He was subsequently shoved into a military vehicle while they drove off.



SHARE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *